Saturday, November 11, 2017

NEW Video Tutorials!

The driving force behind my Video Tutorials is customer questions! I have a long list of contact methods on every pattern so that customers can contact me if they need help. One reason for this is simply that I want to help. The other reason is so I know where customers are getting confused! I use customer feedback not only to improve my patterns but also to determine which video tutorial I need to make next!
My "recording studio." I use my painting easel to hold my phone!

So, by popular demand, I give you 3 new Featherby & Friends Crochet Tutorials! These are all related in some way to my most popular pattern, The Mix & Match Lovey, but they are useful for other patterns as well.


1. Working in Both Sides of a Starting Chain: A great way to start working in the round when you don't want your project to be, well, round! I use this technique in several patterns including the Mix & Match Lovies & Monsters!


2. Defining the Cat & Fox Ears on the Pointy Head: Instead of having to sew ears on later, the cat & fox lovey are made with built-in ears. They just need to be defined with a few carefully placed stitches. This turned out to be slightly difficult to explain in the pattern so, not surprisingly, I've received a few questions about it. Don't worry, it is easier to do than it is to explain! This is used for the Lovies , Pearl the Purrmaid & the Critters!



3. Embroidering a Sleepy Face: Technically you can use the steps described to make other expressions too, but I just demonstrate a sleepy one. This is the face I use for my Lovies but you can use it any time you don't want to use safety eyes & noses.


I hope you find these tutorials helpful!
Please feel free to contact me with questions & requests for new tutorials!

💙Shares are appreciated 💙

Find more video tutorials on the Featherby & Friends YouTube Channel!


No comments:

Post a Comment