Monday, June 22, 2015

Craft Time: Garden Gnomes


A little while ago I decided that my garden needed some decorations. I looked around at a few stores but didn't find anything that I really loved. So, I started thinking about making my own instead. I browsed through some pictures on Pinterest (search for "painted rocks" for A LOT of ideas). And found a picture of some really cute gnomes. They were painted on wood but I figured I could do the same thing on a rock, because I have a lot of rocks.

I chose a few gnome shaped rocks that just fit in my palm. Three simple curved lines with a Sharpie, two dots for eyes and I was ready to paint. I used acrylic paint that I already had since I was too impatient to wait until I could get some outdoor paint. 



While I was at it I also made some ladybugs and a Gnome home!


After that, all that was left to do was decide where to put them, and of course, give them some names.

Gnorman
Gnelson and Gneville
Gnigel and the Gnome home.

At this point the Gnomes (and ladybugs) have been in my garden almost ten days. I am happy to report that despite the many rainy days they are holding up very well. Aside from a few dirty spots they are just as bright and fresh as the day they were painted! 

8 comments:

  1. I love the garden gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the garden gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I am happy to report that almost 2 months later they are still as bright as the day I made them! They are holding up beautifully :-)

      Delete
  3. Your gnomes are so cute and their houses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kynsial! There were fun to make :-)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely adore gnomes and your lil guys are no exception!

    They're just too darn cute and their house, along with their loveable names! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty! I'm glad you like them, they make me smile every time I see them!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely adore gnomes and your lil guys are no exception!

    They're just too darn cute and their house, along with their loveable names! ;-)

    ReplyDelete